That time of year is here again! the annual round-up of news and ‘stuff’.
Firstly may all your Yuletide Christmas celebrations be safe and happy and that 2021 hold brighter prospects for us all!
After a covid-related delay from early autumn this fabulous anthology in Paper, Audio and Kindle editions. And if that were not enough – imagine my surprise to find that an extract of my story ‘The Case of the Missing Sister’, though not the first story in the book, has been included in the Amazon product description! (scroll down to the bottom of the listing).
Also on the short story front is a Bunch Courtney spin off titles ‘Down to the Sea’, which can be found in the crime anthology Criminal Shorts – available in paper and kindle formats. This anthology is sold for the benefit of The Red Kite Academy in Corby, Northamptonshire, a ‘richly diverse community in which children with many special needs, languages, cultures and religions learn together in harmony’. The authors of these stories have donated their work free of charge.
There were more short stories scheduled to appear in anthologies in the past year but those have been rescheduled for 2021 (or in one case 2022!) Goodies for savour at a later date!
It seems like a million years ago but I hope you will all have seen my releases from earlier in the year.
Listed Dead : Bunch Courtney Investigation #3 appeared on the scene in August! “November 1940. The Battle of Britain has only just ended and the horror of the Blitz is reaching its height. Two deaths in rapid succession on the Sussex Downs brings Bunch Courtney and Chief Inspector Wright together once more. What could possibly link a fatal auto accident with the corpse in a derelict shepherd’s hut? The only clue the pair have is a handwritten list of the members of a supper club that meets at London’s Café de Paris.” Available in paper and kindle formats
In Cases of Murder : BCI Book 4, is in writing/editing stages with more news of that in the coming year.
With my editorial hat on there was the fabulous anthology The Alchemy Press Book of Horrors #2 – co-edited with the inimitable Peter Coleborn in paper and kindle “Strange stories and weird tales and all of the creeping horrors in between. Horrors 2 features seventeen fabulous writers, including Sarah Ash, Paul Finch, John Grant, Nancy Kilpatrick, Garry Kilworth, Samantha Lee … to lead you on a spine-tingling tour from seaside towns to grimy cities, to the lonely and secret places, from the fourteenth precinct to Namibia … and so many places in between.” Stories from this anthology had honourable mention in several Best of Anthologies!
Visit the Alchemy Press website for details of the submission window for our third Book of Horrors, which will run throughout January 2021. Vol 3 is subtitled A Miscellany of Monsters – so put on your monster outfit (metaphorical or real – but non-human) and write us that story.
You may also recall that a while ago I was a script writer for the Reeltime production, “The White Witch of Devil’s End! And over the past year this film/DVD has garnered no less than 10 prestigious film awards! Here is the full “roll of honour”:
- “Best Pro. Monologue – Long version” at Monologues & Poetry Int. Film Fest.
- “Winner Best Web Series at Hollywood Blood Horror Fest
- “Cert, of Achievement Web Series” at 4th Dimensions Film Fest.
- “Best Monologue to Damaris Hayman” at Moody Crab Film Fest.
- “Best Title Song” at Moody Crab Film Fest
- “Finalist – Best Fantasy” at Prague Int. Film Fest.
- “Finalist – Best Web/TV Series” at Kosice Int. Film Fest.
- “Semi-Finalist – Director Web/TV series” at Best Director Award Fest.
- “Official Selection – Web and New Media” at Beyond Earth Film Fest.
- “Official Selection – Best Music” at Beyond Earth Film Fest.
Signed paper copies are available (inc P&P in the UK – elsewhere postage may apply) :
- Winter Downs : Bunch Courtney Investigation #1 – £10
- In Her Defence : Bunch Courtney Investigation #2 – £10
- Listed Dead : Bunch Courtney Investigation #3 – £10
- All 3 Bunch Courtney Investigations – £25
- A Small Thing for Yolanda – £7
- Sussex Tales – £9
- Fables & Fabrications – £9
- Leinster Gardens and Other Subtleties – £8
- Uncorrected proof copies of Listed Dead – £7
That is it! That is my news for 2020.
Once again all good wishes for the season and heartfelt blessings for 2021!